Monday, July 26, 2010

Well well well. Here I am.

At the moment, I am just relaxing in my room, catching up on some tv shows from home and doing some laundry. Not taking it too rough tonight since I was in studio last night til about 3:30 am. And I had to be up by 7:30. So I have been pretty tired all day. Managed to run a few errands after studio, then I just came back and laid down and *siiighhhh* relaxed.

This past weekend was pretty good. =) Hai signed up for a host family to just keep in touch with (he's not living with them) and this past...Friday he met them for the first time and brought me along. I don't know what he was afraid of, but he just didn't want to go alone. So, I went with him. Which worked out well because I haven't seen him in forever it seems, so we got a chance to catch up. The couple we met up with were really really nice. The lady's name is Marianne and her boyfriend/husband's name is Per. We had a great time just chatting and eating...Marianne was trying to teach me some Danish and it is SUCH a hard language. I don't think I was doing too well, but at least I tried as I was helping her chop carrots and potatoes for dinner. WHICH WAS SO GOOD. There was potatoes and carrots obviously, and beef roast and salad and wine and ohmygosh it was delicious. We were actually there until about 1 am and by the time we left, I was exhausted!! I was just not looking forward to taking the metro back to my stop and walking....I was just feeling lazy really. But overall, a great evening.

And then Saturday....I spent very little time in studio and then went over to Sas and Liza's apartment for dinner. Now these two lovely ladies go to Pratt! They both go to Pratt for a master's program in Environmental Systems Management. Urban planning-type stuff. They are both a little older than the rest of the crew here, but I get along well with them because I don't really want to go out and party and get wasted every night I am super excited to get to go visit them once we get back to New York. Liza actually lives in Dumbo, which I think is pretty darn cool. But either way, I went over to where they are staying here in Copenhagen and had dinner WHICH WAS AWESOME. They also made a cocktail called the Porch Swing, made with Pimm's...which I didn't like too much to be honest, but all in all, it was great company and a great time. I really feel like I am making some pretty substantial friends here. But I have to say, it's tough now to maintain the friendships we established at the start of this semester because then we were all grouped together. Now, the interiors are separated from the architecture who are separated from the urban design. So it kinda sucks now that we don't all see each other anymore!! But I'm sure it will be fine either way. We are just getting to meet even MORE people now.

And speaking of peopless..I miss my peoples. Like all my friends and family from home. And I have to say I'm going to be such a girl right now and say I MISS MY BOYFRIEND!!! This really sucks a lot. It has been a total of 7 weeks now that I haven't seen him and I still have 3 more to go. I didn't really think it would be this much of an issue for me, but it really really is. I have decided it is because we haven't really been together for that long. It has been 5 1/2 months, and for almost 2 of those months now we have been apart from each other. I'm pretty sure it would feel different if we had been together for 3 years already, but we haven't. So it just sucks. I don't even know WHAT I'm going to do in the spring when I'm in Rome for 5 months. I just need to start saving now for flights back to NY for spring break or something. =/

We will see.

But anywaysss I am all out of exciting gossip for now. Back to SYTYCD then I'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment