Monday, August 16, 2010

My stay in Copenhagen has come to an end. =(

I am sad to be leaving all of my new friends and such a beautiful city, but excited to return home to see my OTHER friends and family. AND hopeful that I will be seeing my new friends back in the states once school is set back into motion and they are at their co-ops on the East coast.

The last week has been a rollercoaster ride, what with finals and then going out to celebrate the end with all of my friends. The second assignment was SO SHORT!! Finals seemed to be looming over my head during the entire project, but I am happy with my final product and excited to add it to my portfolio. My professor started to really annoy me towards the end of the assignment because EVERY SINGLE TIME I talked to him, he had different ideas on what direction my pavilion should go. And then on the last class before finals, he says he thinks I patronize him and just nod my head and don't actually THINK about what it is he is saying. Of course I was patronizing him at that point, because I had work to do and I knew that if I talked to him for too long he would want me to change my project AGAIN!! So that was really tough the Friday before the assignment was due, but I managed to pull out a pretty decent final product and they all seemed to really like it at my final review. =) So that was really really nice.

After the reviews was the exhibition of student works, including the furniture and textile students, which was WAY COOL! All of the furniture students did an amazingggg job, the chairs look so professional!! The textile students did well too I guess, I just don't really understand that program too much. Everything was very impressive and RJ got the award for the best in the A&D program! I feel like I know a celebrity!! haha. The other interesting fact about the exhibition is that it was open bar until 6 pm...which means a lot of people took advantage of the free booze. I definitely had my share of wine, but not enough to have any bearing on my state of mind. A couple of my friends though regretted the amount they had to drink that evening....And after that we all went out!!! The plan was to go to this bar called Vega...EVERYONE was going, so it was bound to be a fun night, right?? WRONG. The bar had really bad music and it was really far away and it was POURING out. So after hanging out there for a bit, I left with a group of friends to go somewhere else, and we ended up going to a gay bar. When we got there, the place was empty, so we filled the dance floor singing obnoxiously all the lyrics to the American songs (including Lady GaGa...it was a gay bar, COME ON) until....the bar started to fill up and the guys we were with (the straight ones) said they were a little. So from there we went to the DIS student favorite: Kulørbar!! I was just about the only one there that had never been to this club, pretty much because I really don't go out too much, but it ended up being a really fun time. Of course, it was super hot just like any good club, and I saw Hai there with all his furniture buddies, and we danced the night away until about 4:30 am. So much fun. =)

The next day was the long-waited bike photo scavenger hunt fiasco. The rules of the race were basically to bike to all of the locations on the list and drink a beer in front of the assigned photo-op, forcing you to ask a local to take the picture of everyone on your team drinking and posing. One may think that this could get really messy, really fast..but no. We had to bike SO FAR that the small amounts of alcohol in the drinks did nothing. I don't even have a clue how many miles we biked that afternoon, it seemed to go on forever. We started the race at about 4:30 and didn't finish until somewhere between 9 and 9:30 I think... My team didn't end up winning, but we had a great time and I got to see a lot of things that I would have otherwise missed out on. After that, a small group of us went out to Christiania and just had a relaxed evening because we were so exhausted.

The following day (Saturday) it rained and rained and rained all day, so I didn't do much of anything, and Sunday I went to Hai's host family's house one more time to eat with them and say our goodbyes.

All in all, it was a good end to my stay in Denmark. The weather was amazing for the most part and I got to meet some pretty cool people along the way. I hope that whoever has been reading this has been somewhat entertained and kept up to date on my shenanigans here in Copenhagen. I hope to be back here soon!






PS-sorry for the lack of pictures, they are still on my camera somewhere and I am way too lazy to upload them.. Check back to Facebook in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment